Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Through Jacob's Eyes

Earlier this week in class we talked about whether or not Stephanie Meyer made the right choice in adding the section through Jacob's point of view. I believe that the new section of the book was not necessarily needed, however, it was an interesting choice. I know she began writing a story from the perspective of Edward, and though I have never personally read it, I do not think it was the best idea. Both Edward and Bella are in love with each other, and borderline obsessed with each other. Seeing obsession from one side is the same as the other. However, with Jacob, it is a newer side to the story because Bella is not in love with him as he is with her. The new section, I think, would have been more affective if maybe it was in all of the books but then again I still enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment